• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nullskull
    Learning

250+ Posts
    • Aug 2023

[Jamming] 751 paper exit belt not working

I have a bizhub 751 that constantly experiences paper jams just before the paper is ejected onto the tray. Specifically, I think the paper exit belt built into the saddle stitch module is not working properly as the paper never goes further then that. I'm fairly sure of this because the arm attached to the belt that moves the paper didn't' change positions in between paper jams. Is there something I should try or look at in order to avoid extensive dismantling to get at the back of the machine?
    image_2023-08-18_112131529.jpg
  • Synthohol
    Certified Konica Expert

Site Contributor
    5,000+ Posts
    • Mar 2016

Re: 751 paper exit belt not working

can you move it by hand?
    We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
    The medication helps though...

Comment

• nullskull
      Learning

250+ Posts
      • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Synthohol
      can you move it by hand?
      Yes, nothing seems to be holding it back in that way.

Comment

• Synthohol
        Certified Konica Expert

Site Contributor
        5,000+ Posts
        • Mar 2016

removing the back cover should give you lots of line of sight into the mechanism and connectors.
        good luck, i hate saddle stitch with a passion.
        We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
        The medication helps though...

Comment

• nullskull
          Learning

250+ Posts
          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by Synthohol
          removing the back cover should give you lots of line of sight into the mechanism and connectors.
          good luck, i hate saddle stitch with a passion.
          Ok I will have a look. But I also just noticed something with that belt. The second piece that is attached to the belt, not the paper exit arm but the paper assist arm is not connected somehow. It must have fallen off. That is what must be causing the issue. Although i find it strange that i can't see a mark where the piece would have been.
          Last edited by nullskull; 08-19-2023, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• allan
            RTFM!!

5,000+ Posts
            • Apr 2010

Am I correct in assuming that its got a FS-610E on. It was common for the users to break the ejection foot block from the belt. The users are suppose to turn the green knobs to get the ejection block out of the way and into position to allow the stacker to pull out to remove paper from the stacker bin. There is a mechanism that will move the ejection block into the right position when pushing the stacker back into the finisher. That can go out of adjustment making it possible for the ejection foot on the stacker to collide with the finisher body.

Sure there was a bulletin back in the day. Remember the part numbers were revised to include the foot with the belt when ordering it. There must be a tab where the foot screw on to.

Its a bunch of fun replacing those belts.

I could be thinking of something completely different here. Do you mean it jams ejecting the paper from the stapler bin?
            What is the jam code you are getting.

The belt I am referring to is PN# 20AK 7751 0
            Whatever

Comment

• nullskull
              Learning

250+ Posts
              • Aug 2023

Originally posted by allan
              Am I correct in assuming that its got a FS-610E on. It was common for the users to break the ejection foot block from the belt. The users are suppose to turn the green knobs to get the ejection block out of the way and into position to allow the stacker to pull out to remove paper from the stacker bin. There is a mechanism that will move the ejection block into the right position when pushing the stacker back into the finisher. That can go out of adjustment making it possible for the ejection foot on the stacker to collide with the finisher body.

Sure there was a bulletin back in the day. Remember the part numbers were revised to include the foot with the belt when ordering it. There must be a tab where the foot screw on to.

Its a bunch of fun replacing those belts.

I could be thinking of something completely different here. Do you mean it jams ejecting the paper from the stapler bin?
              What is the jam code you are getting.

The belt I am referring to is PN# 20AK 7751 0
              Yes it is a FS-610. By the ejection block are you referring to the missing arm? Interestingly I've found another similar unused unit (an FS-612) that also has the same missing paper assist arm. Must be a common occurrence idk. I have been moving it a bit with my hands. Not the green knobs. But the green knobs don't move that belt anyway. I'm just surprised I can't see where the block would have been attached. I do think we are thinking about the same part of the machine. It's the last belt the paper would touch after being folded/stapled/whatever. (i have a photo attached on the original post it might be kindof small though) Is there a way to readjust that belt easily?
              Last edited by nullskull; 08-19-2023, 01:15 AM. Reason: new info

Comment

• allan
                RTFM!!

5,000+ Posts
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by nullskull
                Yes it is a FS-610. By the ejection block are you referring to the missing arm? Interestingly I've found another similar unused unit (an FS-612) that also has the same missing paper assist arm. Must be a common occurrence idk. I have been moving it a bit with my hands. Not the green knobs. But the green knobs don't move that belt anyway. I'm just surprised I can't see where the block would have been attached. I do think we are thinking about the same part of the machine. It's the last belt the paper would touch after being folded/stapled/whatever. (i have a photo attached on the original post it might be kindof small though) Is there a way to readjust that belt easily?
                Ok my bad not the same thing.
                Whatever

Comment

• blackcat4866
                  Master Of The Obvious

Site Contributor
                  10,000+ Posts
                  • Jul 2007

This is an slightly different finisher, but does it look something like this?:

Eject Stopper 1.JPGEject Stopper 2.JPG

This is what allen is talking about. If you have to change the whole belt assembly it's 160 minutes (not much fun). If you can find an intact "foot" and install the microscopic screws, it's much easier. It's extremely common. Certain customers would break this part repeatedly. =^..^=
                  If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
                  1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
                  2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
                  3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
                  4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
                  5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• nullskull
                    Learning

250+ Posts
                    • Aug 2023

Originally posted by blackcat4866
                    This is an slightly different finisher, but does it look something like this?:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59307[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59308[/ATTACH]

This is what allen is talking about. If you have to change the whole belt assembly it's 160 minutes (not much fun). If you can find an intact "foot" and install the microscopic screws, it's much easier. It's extremely common. Certain customers would break this part repeatedly. =^..^=
                    Yes that looks similar. Although this belt does not have any screw holes. where the assist foot would be.
                    2d50725a-0c22-4b71-827c-2a6f0acd66d9.jpg 00bb29f5-73ed-498a-9d37-061a008fa1a9.jpgcf4d838c-2201-48f7-9d14-4a881bbbdf12.jpgcf4d838c-2201-48f7-9d14-4a881bbbdf12.jpg
                    The first image is where the paper is getting stuck each time. Second is the belt that i'm assuming is the problem. The foot seen there is the only one on the belt and the other appears to be missing/never was there due to there being no marks of it's former presence. I removed the rear panel and don't see much to point to any busted parts. The large white gear with the black belt around it is what would turn the axel leading to that ejection belt seen in second picture. I think you must be right though. I'm just super confused why it doesn't look like the belt ever had that second foot. Let me know if you want more pictures. this jam does happen before the printer tries to fold the paper I'm pretty sure. so it could be something farther down in the saddle stitcher

Comment

• blackcat4866
                      Master Of The Obvious

Site Contributor
                      10,000+ Posts
                      • Jul 2007

There never was a second foot, only one, it just looks slightly different on your model. Another possibility is that the coupler providing the drive to that belt is not properly engaging with the mating coupler on the rear frame. I had a customer that liked to slam the stapling tray especially hard, bending the brackets, and knocking the bushings out of the frame. I cannot remember if the board blocks your view of that coupler from the rear. You should be able to observe the engagement of that drive coupler with the rear cover off, to determine if anything is bent or broken. If it's obstructed, you may have to remove the board to investigate. =^..^=
                      If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
                      1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
                      2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
                      3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
                      4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
                      5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• allan
                        RTFM!!

5,000+ Posts
                        • Apr 2010

Originally posted by blackcat4866
                        There never was a second foot, only one, it just looks slightly different on your model. Another possibility is that the coupler providing the drive to that belt is not properly engaging with the mating coupler on the rear frame. I had a customer that liked to slam the stapling tray especially hard, bending the brackets, and knocking the bushings out of the frame. I cannot remember if the board blocks your view of that coupler from the rear. You should be able to observe the engagement of that drive coupler with the rear cover off, to determine if anything is bent or broken. If it's obstructed, you may have to remove the board to investigate. =^..^=

Its the same finisher. This seems to be from an optional SD(saddle stitch). Remember I had a 601 with one of those. This is where my 3D printer would come ,in handy to make a replacement.
                        Whatever

Comment

• nullskull
                          Learning

250+ Posts
                          • Aug 2023

Originally posted by allan
                          Its the same finisher. This seems to be from an optional SD(saddle stitch). Remember I had a 601 with one of those. This is where my 3D printer would come ,in handy to make a replacement.
                          So there is not supposed to be a second foot? I'm sort of confused. The manuals seem to indicate one in the pictures but the actual belt looks like it never had one.

The belt does appear to be returning to it's proper position when turned on. So I don't think it's out of alignment. And the coupling mechanism seems fine.
                          Last edited by nullskull; 08-23-2023, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...