X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ndlovu
    Technician
    • Nov 2013

Clear All Data, now wants authentication after storage set

I did a "clear all data" and then changed the storage back to "storage" from "microSD". When I rebooted the unit it come to an authentication screen and on the top of the screen show "Job List". If I press the home button the only icon that is not blacked out is the "Utility" icon. I am thinking that this maybe a software switch and help would be greatly appreciated. I have never had a "clear all data" do this.
  • tsbservice
    Field tech
    Site Contributor
    5,000+ Posts
    • May 2007

Re: Clear All Data, now wants authentication after storage set

Cristal ball rolling doesn't match your machine model.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• copyman
      Owner / Technician
      Site Contributor
      2,500+ Posts
      • Sep 2005

Yes, model # would be helpful

Comment

• DK-tech
        Technician
        • Apr 2021

SOunds like e newer i-series maschine? I something like ySoft SafeQ was installed, that is on the SSD, so did you do a format of the SSD?

Comment

• ndlovu
          Technician
          • Nov 2013

Sorry, it is a C300i series and I have done a format of the microSD and the "storage". If I make the "Storage" "microSD" and reboot like it say. Then I get an error code D073, which means that the storage is set wrong.
          Last edited by ndlovu; 11-24-2023, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• JF2
            • May 2017

Comment

• tsbservice
              Field tech
              Site Contributor
              5,000+ Posts
              • May 2007

That's correct.
              A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
              Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• mojorolla
                The Wolf
                2,500+ Posts
                • Jan 2010

Known issue; here are step by step instructions from Clear All Data step:
                4. Select Clear All Data 5. After completion, turn MFP OFF for at least 10 seconds and then reboota. If D073 or "Preparing Security/External Document" displays this is normal as SSD is not yet set 6. Re*enter Service Mode following procedure outlined above 7. Select System 2 8. Select Storage Type and set to "Storage" 9. Turn MFP OFF for at least 10 seconds and then reboot 10. The message to "Enter Encryption password/format HDD" should appeara. If possible, format the HDD from this screen. If not, go to step 11 11. If not possible to format the HDD there, re*enter Service Mode following procedure outlined above 12. Select State Confirmation 13. Select Memory/Storage Adjustment
                14. Select "Format" from the second screen 15 Perform a Physical format (about 20 mins) and follow screen prompts 16. Once completed, re*enter Service mode 17. Select State Confirmation 18 Select Memory/Storage Adjustment 19. Select "Format" from the second screen 20. Perform a Logical format (about 2 minutes) and follow screen prompts 21. Once MFP is booted, test operation 22. Load Movie/Voice Data, PDF libraries, etc

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Comment

• ndlovu
                  Technician
                  • Nov 2013

Sorry, placed the unit on the back burner and have some time to look at it again. I have done all the steps as posted and will try again but the system still comes up with the same issue? I am wondering if it could be a software switch that is creating the issue. It is like the unit is wanting to log into a server for authentication.

Comment

• copier tech
                    Field Supervisor
                    5,000+ Posts
                    • Jan 2014

Have any of you actually fitted the microSD & removed the storage board ? As the price of a microSD is peanuts & possibly more reliable.

Comment

Working...