Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rookie
    Technician
    • Sep 2023

[Error Code] Bizhub C244e prompting fault codes C-2558, C-2556, C-2554 & C-2552

Hello guys, I am having these fault codes C-255(8,6,4,2). I checked and confirm physically all developers and drums are ok, I cleared the error code by pressing the Reset botton and switching it on. But after 10-15 print outs it gives the error code again depending on what colors I am printing. If printing black it gives C-2558, yellow C-2556, magenta C-2554 and cyan C-2552.
    Should I replace all drums and developers with the PRCB?...
  • stronghold
    Technician
    • Apr 2023

Re: Bizhub C244e prompting fault codes C-2558, C-2556, C-2554 & C-2552

Originally posted by Rookie
    Hello,

I think we shouldn't rush. I am inclined to believe that the issue is more with the software.
    I had a "somewhat" similar problem. It wouldn't save the installation date of the developing unit. Then the image units started failing. Sometimes it wouldn't recognize the magenta, sometimes the black.
    After that, it even started to give an HDD error.
    I struggled with this MFP for a long time. But one day, upon turning it on, it gave me a new error indicating a problem with the non-volatile memory. At that point, I was truly at a loss.
    However, as it turned out later, the culprit was the BIOS battery, which powers the board with TMP keys and data about the installed units.
    I recommend starting with this.

Look this post

Good Luck )))

Comment

• tsbservice
      Field tech

Site Contributor
      5,000+ Posts
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Rookie
      Hello guys, I am having these fault codes C-255(8,6,4,2). I checked and confirm physically all developers and drums are ok, I cleared the error code by pressing the Reset botton and switching it on. But after 10-15 print outs it gives the error code again depending on what colors I am printing. If printing black it gives C-2558, yellow C-2556, magenta C-2554 and cyan C-2552.
      That happens when you play with dev units from donor machine. You can't swap them just like that.
      A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
      Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• Copier Addict
        Aging Tech

Site Contributor
        10,000+ Posts
        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by tsbservice
        That happens when you play with dev units from donor machine. You can't swap them just like that.

You have to take the TCR sensors from the original dev units and put them on the donor units.

Comment

• tsbservice
          Field tech

Site Contributor
          5,000+ Posts
          • May 2007

Originally posted by copier addict
          You have to take the TCR sensors from the original dev units and put them on the donor units.
          You perfectly know it's not so easy. You also MUST pray when replacing all 4 Dev units with second hand. Because at this point machine is probably beyond any reasonable repairs.
          A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
          Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• Copier Addict
            Aging Tech

Site Contributor
            10,000+ Posts
            • Jul 2013

You perfectly know it's not so easy. You also MUST pray when replacing all 4 Dev units with second hand. Because at this point machine is probably beyond any reasonable repairs.

I only use donor units in an emergency.

Comment

• tsbservice
              Field tech

Site Contributor
              5,000+ Posts
              • May 2007

Originally posted by copier addict
              I only use donor units in an emergency.
              The key is to prevent that

Comment

• copyman
                Owner / Technician

Site Contributor
                2,500+ Posts
                • Sep 2005

Hi, I've swapped DV units from one machine to another many times with no issues. Actually only DV unit I've bought new is the less expensive black. With colors I replace any lost developer and reuse. Years ago I would convert black DV units into color but once I found out you could swap them with no issues that's all I do now. Since I've been upgrading the "4" series I have a lot of donor machines to steal DV units from.

Comment

• REGSIS
                  Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
                  • May 2016

Originally posted by copyman
                  Hi, I've swapped DV units from one machine to another many times with no issues. Actually only DV unit I've bought new is the less expensive black. With colors I replace any lost developer and reuse. Years ago I would convert black DV units into color but once I found out you could swap them with no issues that's all I do now. Since I've been upgrading the "4" series I have a lot of donor machines to steal DV units from.
                  I can confirm this. I did this only couple of times, but it works. It is recommended to stabilaze the image and run gradation adjustment. There should be no issues because TCR sensor is reading the T/C proportion; it's not written into the machine.

@original poster
                  Vacuum out the toner hoppers (disassemble first).
                  Replace compatible toners with OEM.
                  Run halftone patters of each color to extract old toner from dev units and lower TCR ratios.

P.S. Only with compatible toners you can get high TCR.

Comment

Working...