X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmortal
    Service Tech
    • Oct 2023

[Jamming] PF-3100 Jamming

I have a customer who states there is a lot of jamming with two of these Bulk Feeders [PF-3100] for a couple of P3260's. I went to replace the rollers but the tread on them was more than okay. I haven't dealt too much with these feeders and was wondering if there is a specific problem/fix for these. I tried adjusting the paper dial and making sure paper is fanned and stacked well but customer will call and say its jamming. Starting to lean to User Error.

Error Log States: "Paper jammed in the Bulk Feeder. [0539]"

Checked sensors, paperpath, connections, and cleaned the rollers to make sure.
  • dalewb74
    Service Manager

Site Contributor
    1,000+ Posts
    • Feb 2018

Re: PF-3100 Jamming

where does the customer store the new paper before it goes into the copier? also if it was purchased somewhere that it sat in a warehouse could cause issues.

Comment

• jcg54
      Technician
      • Jul 2023

How were the springs for the pickup rollers? I've had quite a few machines that would jam due to the spring failing to retract the retard roller properly.

Comment

• blackcat4866
        Master Of The Obvious

Site Contributor
        10,000+ Posts
        • Jul 2007

What is the media type? One of my customers was running 100% pre-perforated cardstock (two features that make it difficult to feed). The main problem is usually the perforations breaking during buckling at the registration roller. Surprisingly that was NOT the issue. The perforations ran up the front and back edges of letter size media, and when you stack up 1000 sheets of this media, the center of the paper stack is not tall enough to touch the pickup roller. The outer edges touch the paper feed shaft first, and lift the pickup roller off of the stack.

I tried various modifications to the lift plate, trying to raise the center of the stack, but was only partially successful. It would work for the first 500 of 1000 sheets, but the arch was so extreme that the front and rear edges would hit the lower guide plate, and would jam when it got to the last 500 sheets. After 3 or 4 visits I concluded that the only way it would work consistently was to load only 500 sheets of this special media.

I hope this is not what you're seeing, because there isn't much that you can do for them in this case. =^..^=
        If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
        1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
        2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
        3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
        4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
        5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

Working...