Kyocera 3553ci detect documents only as 11x17 ledger, wrong original size detection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • copyTcat
    Technician
    • Apr 2015

[Electrical] Kyocera 3553ci detect documents only as 11x17 ledger, wrong original size detection

Copier was hit on top ADF during move but since when making copy or scan the machine will detect letter size paper (A4) as ledger 11x17 (A3). Cleaned all sensors under the glass. Removed the document feeder and scanned on glass but still same issue, it will print on Ledger A3 size.
    Performed full machine reset to manufacture settings and still issue.
  • bsm2
    IT Manager

25,000+ Posts
    • Feb 2008

Re: Kyocera 3553ci detect documents only as 11x17 ledger, wrong original size detecti

Should be a switch on the rear of machine that controls the lid open to engage the platen sensors

Comment

• copyTcat
      Technician
      • Apr 2015

Re: Kyocera 3553ci detect documents only as 11x17 ledger, wrong original size detecti

Originally posted by bsm2
      Should be a switch on the rear of machine that controls the lid open to engage the platen sensors
      Thanks, We checked the switch and switch is working fine but machine still has issue. Just to mention Copier has only 5500 copies on it.

Comment

• bsm2
        IT Manager

25,000+ Posts
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by copyTcat
        Thanks, We checked the switch and switch is working fine but machine still has issue. Just to mention Copier has only 5500 copies on it.
        Go into SIM mode and you can check the switches

Check the pins on the ADF

Comment

• darry1322
          Senior Tech

Site Contributor
          500+ Posts
          • Oct 2010

I had to adjust the sensor for the spring loaded post that reads the adf closing. It was on a KonicaMinolta but it's the same system. The metal plate the sensor was mounted on was just a couple mm out of level and it caused this exact issue.

If it was working before it got hit then something got out of whack and that sensor is used to lock in original size from the platen.

Comment

• bsm2
            IT Manager

25,000+ Posts
            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by darry1322
            I had to adjust the sensor for the spring loaded post that reads the adf closing. It was on a KonicaMinolta but it's the same system. The metal plate the sensor was mounted on was just a couple mm out of level and it caused this exact issue.If it was working before it got hit then something got out of whack and that sensor is used to lock in original size from the platen.
            Excellence Job

Comment

• copyTcat
              Technician
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by bsm2
              Excellence Job
              I will check again the switch under the ADF, Just wonder what simulation code can check the switch functionality.
              Thank you all.

Comment

• Samanator
                Service Manager

Site Contributor
                VIP Subscriber
                500+ Posts
                • Sep 2017

I have to ask, what ADF are you talking about? DP-7100, DP-7110, DP-7120, or DP-7130?

I have had a couple of problem with the size sensor on the original tray on the DP-7100. Had to replace that thing (P/N 303R394050 - PARTS PWB PAPER SIZE SENSOR ASSY SP).

The other models (DP-7110, DP-7120, or DP-7130) use the green PWB (P/N 303M894271 - PARTS PWB SIZE DETECTION ASSY SP) and the metal comb (P/N3HL06110 - TERMINAL PAPER SIZE) that scrapes across the top of the PWB to indicate paper size. If its this type of ADF, you might want to check if there was damage to the PWB or maybe that metal comb is deformed and needs to be straightened out to make proper contact to the PWB.

On a side note, these two parts (PWB and metal comb) have been in ADFs (as far as I can remember) since the zero series. I have always cleaned off all the lubricant (grease) on these two items. It has been my experience that when the size indication will not work properly, it is usually because a lot of dirt and dust has accumulated because of the grease on these two items causing poor contact and therefor improper size indication. I clean all the grease off then make sure the metal comb is making even pressure on the PWB. Sometimes, if the machine does not go back at end of lease, I may have to repeat this every three or four years. Contacts get dirty but still no need for grease. Sorry, I digress.

Comment

• subaro
                  Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by copyTcat
                  I will check again the switch under the ADF, Just wonder what simulation code can check the switch functionality.
                  Thank you all.
                  To check the switch, open the adf and press the switch actuator that is on top the scanner. The lamp should then light, this will verify the sensor is working. It is a photosensor

see and read the u99 service mode.

u99
                  4 The light source turn on and the CCD sensor detects the original width. The original size sensor detects the
                  original lengthwise. (Detect twice if the document processor is installed
                  THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

Comment

• dalewb74
                    Service Manager

Site Contributor
                    1,000+ Posts
                    • Feb 2018

just trying to go off of memory here. on the adf itself where you lay the paper. kyocera had sensors there. and per those sensors being covered or no covered it knew what size your paper was. i know occasionally i would have to use a q-tip to clean those sensors. also if it has those sensors, you might need to get underneath the actual sensor and see if when it got hit if one came loose. though i maybe be thinking of the older models. the one you are working on may no longer have that.

Comment

• copyTcat
                      Technician
                      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Samanator
                      I have to ask, what ADF are you talking about? DP-7100, DP-7110, DP-7120, or DP-7130?

I have had a couple of problem with the size sensor on the original tray on the DP-7100. Had to replace that thing (P/N 303R394050 - PARTS PWB PAPER SIZE SENSOR ASSY SP).

The other models (DP-7110, DP-7120, or DP-7130) use the green PWB (P/N 303M894271 - PARTS PWB SIZE DETECTION ASSY SP) and the metal comb (P/N3HL06110 - TERMINAL PAPER SIZE) that scrapes across the top of the PWB to indicate paper size. If its this type of ADF, you might want to check if there was damage to the PWB or maybe that metal comb is deformed and needs to be straightened out to make proper contact to the PWB.

On a side note, these two parts (PWB and metal comb) have been in ADFs (as far as I can remember) since the zero series. I have always cleaned off all the lubricant (grease) on these two items. It has been my experience that when the size indication will not work properly, it is usually because a lot of dirt and dust has accumulated because of the grease on these two items causing poor contact and therefor improper size indication. I clean all the grease off then make sure the metal comb is making even pressure on the PWB. Sometimes, if the machine does not go back at end of lease, I may have to repeat this every three or four years. Contacts get dirty but still no need for grease. Sorry, I digress.

ADF is DP-7110
                      Thanks

Comment

• nathicana
                        Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
                        250+ Posts
                        • Aug 2008

The problem is that the DP open close switch located on the DP is stuck on as though the Document processor is always closed. Nothing to do with the switch on the top of the copier or anything under the glass.

Go into maintenance mode u244 and observe the "open" indicator and open the dp. If it stays highlighted and never changes state then it is stuck on. The sensor is actuated by the reading guide when you close the document feeder. The reading guide may be stuck upwards or damaged. It's the spring loaded white bar on the left underside of the dp. The sensor is at the front left interior of the document processor, the DP open/close switch.
                        Last edited by nathicana; 04-03-2024, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...