Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jenson Jones
    • Nov 2022

Is Muratec a good product

We are contacting a copier rental in Largo and they recommended as the Muratec to be used in our business. Was going to ask for an advice if its a good catch? I've heard of it before but not really familiar.
  • GIUBOSS
    Service Manager
    Site Contributor
    1,000+ Posts
    • Jul 2013

Re: Is Muratec a good product

Originally posted by Jenson Jones
    We are contacting a copier rental in Largo and they recommended as the Muratec to be used in our business. Was going to ask for an advice if its a good catch? I've heard of it before but not really familiar.
    I'm not a big fan of Muratec but if you get assistance from certified, reliable and fast technology it's not bad. You will pay for the service and not the brand.

Comment

• SalesServiceGuy
      Field Supervisor
      Site Contributor
      5,000+ Posts
      • Dec 2009

... I think Muratec was purchased by Konica Minolta in North America around five years ago. The last time Muratec offered a new product was in 2015.

KM discontinued Muratec's print business to focus on Muratec's label printing equipment.

I would stay away from this opportunity and stick with a brand name that you feel more comfortable with.

Almost 100% you are being offered used, discontinued equipment.

Comment

• kleankopy
        Trusted Tech
        100+ Posts
        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Jenson Jones

I am in Tampa and I didn't even know you could even buy Muratec machines anymore. I would only go with a name brand such as Kyocera, Minolta, or Ricoh.

Comment

• techandtrader
          Trusted Tech
          Site Contributor
          250+ Posts
          • Jun 2016

They were mainly a fax machine company. But like Toshiba they stopped innovating a long time ago. Too many better choices. If you are in Tampa Florida there is no reason to run a Xerox Toshiba or Muratec for print.
          I have used Canon Imagerunner parts for sale. Most are floor model Color and / Advances Imagerunner with some 3025 3235 parts. Several intact machines being parted.

Comment

• SalesServiceGuy
            Field Supervisor
            Site Contributor
            5,000+ Posts
            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by techandtrader
            They were mainly a fax machine company. But like Toshiba they stopped innovating a long time ago. Too many better choices. If you are in Tampa Florida there is no reason to run a Xerox Toshiba or Muratec for print.
            ... to suggest that Toshiba copiers are not amongst the most innovative in the industry implies you have not researched what you said.

Comment

• Woxner
              Senior Tech
              500+ Posts
              • Jul 2011

when KM bought muratec it was a five year contract to keep them around. we end that a few years ago. they dont sell copiers anymore

Comment

• blackcat4866
                Master Of The Obvious
                Site Contributor
                10,000+ Posts
                • Jul 2007

I noticed when I was doing Samsung warranty service that the Muratecs were mechanically indistinguishable. I have assumed that Muratecs were simply re-badged Samsung (or vice versa). =^..^=
                If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
                1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
                2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
                3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
                4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
                5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• rtrj
                  • Nov 2007

The Muratec 3535's were Muratec made. KMBS sold a rebadged machine that was 28 ppm. We were a dealer and I have one MFX-3535 with 650,000 copies that we change the toners and drums when required. I've worked on copiers since the late 70's (Sharps, Canons) and we were a Minolta (Konica Minolta) since 2000. The Desktop Muratecs last forever and are extremely easy to network. The A3 copiers were KMBS machines.

Comment

Working...