Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    19

    MP 9001 browse network error

    Good morning, greetings from Spain, I have a problem with a ricoh mp9001, when I add a user to the address book, I access the folder section and click on browse network, it gives me an error:
    Cannot find the specified path
    Please check the settings.


    When I try to do a manual scan and click on manual entry, when I click on browse network, here it also gives me the error.


    I've checked everything, updated the firmware, but I still can't see any equipment on the network, any ideas? Thanks

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    /Florida
    Posts
    506
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: MP 9001 browse network error

    i see that a lot if you enter information manually scan to folder works. i recommend doing a firmware upgrade along with java firmware upgrade. if computer is using smb2 then will need firmware upgrade to support it. Do not turn on smb1 on computer. they turn that off because of hack issues.

  3. #3
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,647
    Rep Power
    437

    Re: MP 9001 browse network error

    Have you manually entered any information in the scan destination? You need to at least enter the destination computer either by name or IP address.

  4. #4
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: MP 9001 browse network error

    Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    i see that a lot if you enter information manually scan to folder works. i recommend doing a firmware upgrade along with java firmware upgrade. if computer is using smb2 then will need firmware upgrade to support it. Do not turn on smb1 on computer. they turn that off because of hack issues.
    Good morning, the 9001 has the last firmware. The problem is that on other ricoh machines, I can see the workgroups, the compunters, and navigate through the differents pc and when selecting one, it ask me for usernamen and password, I can't do it here.
    The problem is that on other ricoh machines, I can see the workgroup, the teams, and navigate through the different teams and when selecting a team, then, it asks me for username and password, I can't do it here.

  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: MP 9001 browse network error

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Have you manually entered any information in the scan destination? You need to at least enter the destination computer either by name or IP address.
    Good morning, then, why in other ricoh machines, I can see the workgroups and the compunters? and navigate through the differents pc and when selecting one, it ask me for usernamen and password, I can't do it here.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    1,118
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: MP 9001 browse network error

    Bad DNS/Gateway config?

  7. #7
    Retired 10,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    15,647
    Rep Power
    437

    Re: MP 9001 browse network error

    Quote Originally Posted by pakobernal View Post
    Good morning, then, why in other ricoh machines, I can see the workgroups and the compunters? and navigate through the differents pc and when selecting one, it ask me for usernamen and password, I can't do it here.
    Bad workgroup name. First DNS is not a local device.

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: MP 9001 browse network error

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Bad workgroup name. First DNS is not a local device.
    The dns are the same as those of the computers on the network, the workgroup is the same. I don't understand why I can't see the network. I'm desperate.

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: MP 9001 browse network error

    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Bad DNS/Gateway config?
    The dns and the gateway is the same as those of the computers on the network. Another idea?

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts luca72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Milano, Italia
    Posts
    421
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: MP 9001 browse network error

    Quote Originally Posted by pakobernal View Post
    Good morning, greetings from Spain, I have a problem with a ricoh mp9001, when I add a user to the address book, I access the folder section and click on browse network, it gives me an error:
    Cannot find the specified path
    Please check the settings.


    When I try to do a manual scan and click on manual entry, when I click on browse network, here it also gives me the error.


    I've checked everything, updated the firmware, but I still can't see any equipment on the network, any ideas? Thanks
    hi, sometimes "strange" things happen on the net, it happened to me too, usually it is the misalignment of the mf in the network, eg. (subnet mask, dns), but it has happened to me many times that despite all the parameters being ok, it didn't work, that's why I do it via wim

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here