Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonerdust
    • Sep 2023

[CQ] Richo network firmware?

What is the consensus regarding the firmware in Richo machines? I've got a RICOH SP C261SFNw PCL 6. As a printer its great but setting up the network software is just not something I have been able to do. I've worked with Dell,IBM, Lexmark, cannon,hp all of them and have been sucessful setting them up. When I first got this printer I just connected to it via USB and then shared it. Recently, I decided to take advantage of its networking functions, wifi, air print etc. but I just can't get anything to make sense let alone work. The menus and resulting actions are just not valid and the docs are not consistent with the printer. I am wondering if
    the networking firmware has gotten corrupted? time to install an update despite the fact that it is at the proper level?
  • copier tech
    Field Supervisor
    5,000+ Posts
    • Jan 2014

Re: Richo network firmware?

Originally posted by tonerdust
    What is the consensus regarding the firmware in Richo machines? I've got a RICOH SP C261SFNw PCL 6. As a printer its great but setting up the network software is just not something I have been able to do. I've worked with Dell,IBM, Lexmark, cannon,hp all of them and have been sucessful setting them up. When I first got this printer I just connected to it via USB and then shared it. Recently, I decided to take advantage of its networking functions, wifi, air print etc. but I just can't get anything to make sense let alone work. The menus and resulting actions are just not valid and the docs are not consistent with the printer. I am wondering if
    the networking firmware has gotten corrupted? time to install an update despite the fact that it is at the proper level?
    What exact issues are you having when you try to install the driver?

We can supply you with the latest firmware for this model should you want to update it.

Comment

• slimslob
      Retired
      Site Contributor
      25,000+ Posts
      • May 2013

Since you mention WiFi, I'm wondering if you are turning on IEEE802.11 to setup WiFi? If so that is your problem. For it to work requires Ricoh's extremely over priced WiFi interface be installed. Without the interface all IEEE802.11 does is turn off the wired interface. If you only have WiFi your best option is a WiFi Extender.

One more thing, all interface settings require that you cycle power before they become functional.

Comment

• GIUBOSS
        Service Manager
        Site Contributor
        1,000+ Posts
        • Jul 2013

You should specify if you have a printing problem (The menus and resulting actions are just not valid and the docs are not consistent with the printer. I am wondering if...) or connection with wifi. For example if you use the LAN cable you have to set the fixed IP and not the WSD port, PCL6 driver.

Comment

• dalewb74
          Senior Tech
          Site Contributor
          500+ Posts
          • Feb 2018

i totally agree with slim. do NOT try to use the built in wifi. its junk.. i would hard wire it and let it bump. that should resolve all your issues.

Comment

Working...