Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Rusty.Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    2

    Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    This is a Toshiba E-1207, which is the same as the MX-M1205.
    Setup no issues. Copies fine. Options are the Large dual tray paper feeder,
    anti curl unit, relay and standard finisher w/hole punch.
    Connecting to the network, with the proper drivers, it will not print.
    You can access the web page from a browser, and print config pages from within
    the built in web page, but print jobs never reach the copier.
    Thought I'd ask if any Sharp guys have heard of this?
    We can ping it, so we know the network connection is there, but when you send
    a print from a computer, to the machine, it never gets there.
    I've tried reloading the firmware, which did nothing. Currently, since this a new
    setup, and nothing is stored, I'm doing the data dump to set everything back to
    default values.

    TIA

  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,117
    Rep Power
    370

    Re: Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    This is a Toshiba E-1207, which is the same as the MX-M1205.
    Setup no issues. Copies fine. Options are the Large dual tray paper feeder,
    anti curl unit, relay and standard finisher w/hole punch.
    Connecting to the network, with the proper drivers, it will not print.
    You can access the web page from a browser, and print config pages from within
    the built in web page, but print jobs never reach the copier.
    Thought I'd ask if any Sharp guys have heard of this?
    We can ping it, so we know the network connection is there, but when you send
    a print from a computer, to the machine, it never gets there.
    I've tried reloading the firmware, which did nothing. Currently, since this a new
    setup, and nothing is stored, I'm doing the data dump to set everything back to
    default values.

    TIA

    what error codes are you getting?

    what driver are you using? Not WSD I hope.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,035
    Rep Power
    184

    Re: Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Did you hook your laptop directly to the machine and try it?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Rusty.Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    what error codes are you getting?

    what driver are you using? Not WSD I hope.
    Tried PCL & PS. Heck no on the WSD.

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Rusty.Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Did you hook your laptop directly to the machine and try it?
    No error code, just a pop up message printer not available (I think...can't do anything right now
    until the data dump is finished).
    One tech did connect directly and still had the same results. Noticed it had a USB print port on the
    back, going to try that as well.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,117
    Rep Power
    370

    Re: Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    Tried PCL & PS. Heck no on the WSD.
    do you have link lights?

    tried a different cable?

    tried with your laptop?

    what is the IP scheme?

  7. #7
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    BillyCarpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Long Beach, Mississippi
    Posts
    4,854
    Rep Power
    173

    Re: Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Check for duplicate IP address.

    Also, I know you said another tech connected his laptop directly to the copier, but you need to do it yourself just to be sure.

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts Rusty.Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    No error code, just a pop up message printer not available (I think...can't do anything right now
    until the data dump is finished).
    One tech did connect directly and still had the same results. Noticed it had a USB print port on the
    back, going to try that as well.

    Yep, link lights are working, did try another cable. I can get to it from just the IP address on the web browser & from there,
    print config/status pages. It's at 98% being done on the data dump. I'll try the usb port in a little bit.

  9. #9
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,035
    Rep Power
    184

    Re: Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    Yep, link lights are working, did try another cable. I can get to it from just the IP address on the web browser & from there,
    print config/status pages. It's at 98% being done on the data dump. I'll try the usb port in a little bit.
    For IP conflicts the ultimate solution is to disconnect machine from network and see if ping finds something to reply. Good solution to do clear and start from fresh especially when new not fully setup machine you have less to lose.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    124
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Toshiba version of MX-M1205 not printing

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty.Harris View Post
    Yep, link lights are working, did try another cable. I can get to it from just the IP address on the web browser & from there,
    print config/status pages. It's at 98% being done on the data dump. I'll try the usb port in a little bit.
    If you print out the NIC page, does it say ZeroConfig next to the IP address?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here