• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tekkie
    Trusted Tech
    100+ Posts
    • Mar 2011

Bizhub C250i New machine DF Jams

We have installed a brand new Bizhub c 250i last week and the customer has reported DF jams when scanning both for copy and scan to email
    Its the standard DF. I was very sceptical when I attended the call thinking it was a moaning customer who had maybe had 1 jam with a poor original.
    I checked the jam codes and the were all the same code they had had about 4 or 5 every day for the last 4 days. The jam code was 66-01 or 66-02
    I ran about 30 or 40 docs through ok
    I then asked to see the originals they were trying to scan. Its always the same type of doc they scan. Its a 4 or 5 page letter all single sided and good originals I tested it extensively and it jammed for me .The code relates to jams at paper turnover /feed section PS3 or PS4. I checked the black guide and mylars on the edge of guide all ok I reseated all connectors on the board and both sensors I cleaned both sensors and patch and reseated connectors to both sensors.
    Bearing in mind this is a brand new DF629 I am now unsure where to go nex.
    I cleaned feed and sep rollers.
    I upgraded the firmware its at the latest level now it was one version down.
    Its very intermittent but there is a definite fault at the same place all the time and when it jams the original isnt fouling at all and you can feed it through effortlessly with the knob to free the jam
    ANY IDEAS ANYONE
  • tsbservice
    Field tech
    Site Contributor
    5,000+ Posts
    • May 2007

Re: Bizhub C250i New machine DF Jams

You need DF-632 on this model not DF-629(for 8 series). Put that salesman back to selling shoes.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• tekkie
      Trusted Tech
      100+ Posts
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by tsbservice
      You need DF-632 on this model not DF-629(for 8 series). Put that salesman back to selling shoes.
      Sorry my mistake it is a DF - 632

Comment

• Albonline
        Service Manager
        1,000+ Posts
        • Sep 2008

any intermittent in a conveyance system points to a faulty one way roller.

Comment

• Synthohol
          Certified Konica Expert
          Site Contributor
          5,000+ Posts
          • Mar 2016

Several times I've seen the rear pin that the lid latch needs to be bent down 1/16" (.5mm) and jamming seems to stop.
          Push down on the rear of the cover while scanning. If no more jams then bobs your uncle, it's the pin.
          We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
          The medication helps though...

Comment

• tsbservice
            Field tech
            Site Contributor
            5,000+ Posts
            • May 2007

The only common part between 2 jam codes is DFCB. I would try another one.
            A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.
            Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Comment

• blackcat4866
              Master Of The Obvious
              Site Contributor
              10,000+ Posts
              • Jul 2007

You might check the original detection sensor PS1. It may be out of it's mountings after 10 original jams (6602). Test sensor in ADF > Sensor > Original Detection Sensor > 0: no paper, 1: paper present.

=^..^=
              If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
              1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
              2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
              3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
              4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
              5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• rrrohan
                Service Manager
                Site Contributor
                1,000+ Posts
                • Sep 2011

if you put pressure on the adf door does it help?

Comment

• femaster
                  Service Manager
                  1,000+ Posts
                  • May 2011

Originally posted by Synthohol
                  Several times I've seen the rear pin that the lid latch needs to be bent down 1/16" (.5mm) and jamming seems to stop.
                  Push down on the rear of the cover while scanning. If no more jams then bobs your uncle, it's the pin.
                  I'll +1 this. We've seen this a couple times on these as well.
                  A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 4 years.
                  My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Comment

Working...