• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CopyTech03
    Technician

50+ Posts
    • Jul 2020

[Jamming] Showing Jam But No Paper

c451 has the O showing jam on the right side (the O is showing up on the screen between the lower front door and upper front door). The sensor by the paper dust collector is clean and working in test mode, the sensor on the door is also working properly. The only "sensor" showing up as a 1 in the jam screen is the OHP detection, but not sure if that's usually a 1 or not. Does anyone have any ideas which sensor could be causing this jam indication?
  • davidmtupper
    Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
    • Jul 2021

Re: Showing Jam But No Paper

Is it showing the paper as late getting to the sensor? If so check the paper feed.

Comment

• CopyTech03
      Technician

50+ Posts
      • Jul 2020

Originally posted by davidmtupper
      Is it showing the paper as late getting to the sensor? If so check the paper feed.
      It just shows the jam but nothing there

Comment

• zayonc
        Technician
        • Jan 2022

turn on Jam Code Display Setting and look at the code

Comment

• femaster
          Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
          • May 2011

Originally posted by CopyTech03
          It just shows the jam but nothing there
          Jam codes would really help here. Below is all guesses because too much information is missing without the jam code.

If it is a jam that won't clear at all, and you've tested the sensors as good, try to reboot. Those older machine, for whatever reason, sometimes get stuck in a jam state if they have been sitting with the jam for a length of time.

If it clears, but comes back after it tries to feed again, then it's likely the paper is not making it out of tray, so check the feed unit in whatever tray it's feeding out of.
          A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 4 years.
          My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Comment

• CopyTech03
            Technician

50+ Posts
            • Jul 2020

Originally posted by femaster
            Jam codes would really help here. Below is all guesses because too much information is missing without the jam code.

If it is a jam that won't clear at all, and you've tested the sensors as good, try to reboot. Those older machine, for whatever reason, sometimes get stuck in a jam state if they have been sitting with the jam for a length of time.

If it clears, but comes back after it tries to feed again, then it's likely the paper is not making it out of tray, so check the feed unit in whatever tray it's feeding out of.
            The last jam it had was a 1001 (bypass jam), but it was cleared and now still shows a jam in the middle or upper part of the machine/side door. The power has been turned off/on a few times bat never clears the jam indication.

Comment

• Synthohol
              Certified Konica Expert

Site Contributor
              5,000+ Posts
              • Mar 2016

IIRC that model has the paper dust guide below the steel reg roller.
              Dust will accumulate on it. Remove and clean throughly with an air can.
              If it thinks there is paper there (just dust) it will throw a false jam code.
              That's if it shows the jam at power on.
              If it happens when making a copy/print it's probably just worn rollers or one way clutch bearing slipping as no paper can leave the tray resulting in an 1101/2/3/4 jam depending on the tray selected.

Good luck.

Edit... you responded while I was typing.
              It's prolly paperdust like I said above.
              We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two.
              The medication helps though...

Comment

• JasonSBE
                Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
                100+ Posts
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Synthohol
                If it happens when making a copy/print it's probably just worn rollers or one way clutch bearing slipping as no paper can leave the tray resulting in an 1101/2/3/4 jam depending on the tray selected.

Good luck.

+1 to this. It's right below the image transfer roller on the door side. It's held in place with a plastic clip on one side, and 2 prongs on the other side. Could you take a picture of the screen or go into service mode and pull up the jam history?

Comment

• Albonline
                  Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
                  • Sep 2008

The last jam it had was a 1001 (bypass jam), but it was cleared and now still shows a jam in the middle or upper part of the machine/side door. The power has been turned off/on a few times bat never clears the jam indication.
                  You cycled the power but did you open the doors indicated ?

Comment

• femaster
                    Service Manager

1,000+ Posts
                    • May 2011

While you are in there checking the sensor under the reg rollers like other have suggested, I have another thought that and I hate to even bring up this with a machine of this age. Have you checked the sensor flag located on the metal shelf under the fuser? That assembly gets baked to death by the fuser and starts to stick. It also gets extremely brittle and breaks very easily. You need to remove the fuser in order to see it, but be warned, at this machines age, brittle might be an understatement...

I tried to find a picture for guidance, but I can't find a good one in the service manual, and I can't find the sensor flag in the parts book at all. I must blind. Maybe someone else might have better luck locating it.
                    Last edited by femaster; 07-22-2022, 09:13 PM.
                    A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 4 years.
                    My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Comment

• tmmdmmm
                      Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
                      100+ Posts
                      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Synthohol

Good luck.

Yeah 451, 552. 654, 759, 808 All have these. I imagine its the issue. The problem is it won't show up as a jam code if its dirty enough to not go away.

Comment

• REGSIS
                        Trusted Tech

250+ Posts
                        • May 2016

Enter sevice mode.
                        Select State "confirmation".
                        Select "Sensor check".
                        Sensors should be in "0" state, locate the one which is in "1" state.
                        Sensor might be dirty or faulty or its actator might be broken or stucked (didn't return to its original position).

Should be simple.

Comment

• zayonc
                          Technician
                          • Jan 2022

Re: Показывает Затор, Но Без Бумаги

for a knowledgeable person...

Comment

Working...