PDA

View Full Version : Develop Ineo 220+

Custom Search

kirca
03-10-2023, 01:30 PM
Hello,

I am using a Ineo 220+ and yesterday in same day it gave an error about C,M,Y drum units that need to be replaced.

Searching about the problem I found this tutorial, about resetting the counter

Reset counter Drum & Developing MINOLTA Bizhub 223 283 423 - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bugp-z_oSSY)

But unfortunately, as I get into the service menu, I cannot select the field "fusing unit", as it was in 00:42 in this tutorial.

In the comments there is also a comment like my problem with advice to update the firmware of the unit.

Here are some attachments that might explain my problem

57220 57222 57221

So how can I reset the counter, do I need to update the firmware first and if so, where can I find it?

femaster
03-10-2023, 03:43 PM
In searching, it would seem that the 220+ is equivalent to the BHC220. If that is the case, I don't know of a way to reset the counters on those units without changing the chips. That is not recommended as it can cause serious copy quality issues.

You can however change a few settings to enable long life mode and disable the unit replacement messages, at least on the equivalent Konica Minolta brand. These are the settings that we have in our documentation that would need to be changed to prevent the messages from coming up and the machine from stopping. I can't guarantee this will work on the Ineo line of machines, but it can't hurt to try.

I know these settings require a certain firmware level to be able to be able to set the soft switches, but I don't recall what that level is.

C220 C280 C360
SOFT SW 55 = 00001100
SOFT SW 51 = 11110000
SERVICE MODE>RESET>STOP 0 CLEAR> LIFE STOP SETTING>= NO STOP

kingarthur
03-10-2023, 04:01 PM
On the older devices, as far I can remember, changing those softswitches will have no effect once the drums have reached life, you have to change them before, once the drums have been replaced, then change the softswitches

tsbservice
03-11-2023, 11:50 AM
Agree, buy 3 new K drums and 3 colour chips. Problems solved and your machine wil be running like a champ for a long time.

copier tech
03-11-2023, 12:53 PM
Hello,

I am using a Ineo 220+ and yesterday in same day it gave an error about C,M,Y drum units that need to be replaced.

Searching about the problem I found this tutorial, about resetting the counter

Reset counter Drum & Developing MINOLTA Bizhub 223 283 423 - YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bugp-z_oSSY)

But unfortunately, as I get into the service menu, I cannot select the field "fusing unit", as it was in 00:42 in this tutorial.

In the comments there is also a comment like my problem with advice to update the firmware of the unit.

Here are some attachments that might explain my problem

57220 57222 57221

So how can I reset the counter, do I need to update the firmware first and if so, where can I find it?

You can disable this warning without the need to replace any parts or chips.

Simply update the firmware you then have the option in CE mode to turn off the warnings.

tsbservice
03-11-2023, 03:14 PM
You can disable this warning without the need to replace any parts or chips.

Simply update the firmware you then have the option in CE mode to turn off the warnings.

Read again what kingarthur wrote.

kirca
03-12-2023, 04:57 PM
Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I'm in plan to buy 3 new drums as tbservice wrote, but in the meantime, waiting about 45 days for their delivery I want to try to reset the counters as in this moment it prints only in BW.

As I said I cannot do it like in this tutorial in 00:42, I can't select the field "fusing unit", maybe due to an older firmware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bugp-z_oSSY

Someone to share a newer firmware to give a try?

Thanks!

Synthohol
03-12-2023, 07:18 PM
isnt there a "new release" tab in the counter screen?
if not then the fuser has a pico fuse and you either change the fuse or install a new fuser.

copier addict
03-12-2023, 10:14 PM
Thanks to everyone for the replies.

I'm in plan to buy 3 new drums as tbservice wrote, but in the meantime, waiting about 45 days for their delivery I want to try to reset the counters as in this moment it prints only in BW.

As I said I cannot do it like in this tutorial in 00:42, I can't select the field "fusing unit", maybe due to an older firmware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bugp-z_oSSY

Someone to share a newer firmware to give a try?

Thanks!

The Bizhub 423 series are black and white machines. The 220+ is a colour machine. You are looking at the wrong tutorial

tsbservice
03-13-2023, 12:09 AM
isnt there a "new release" tab in the counter screen?
if not then the fuser has a pico fuse and you either change the fuse or install a new fuser.

Your machine has expired drums and stopped color printing not B&W, right? What the fuser new release has to do with that is beyond me.

Synthohol
03-13-2023, 01:08 AM

thats what i was referring to.
OP didnt mention they replaced the fuser and seems just wanted to zero the count. (not my machine, dont care :) )
if the fuser is reset electronically you need a 1\16A PICO fuse (.063 Amp)
under one of the covrs you will find a green fuse with clear tubing on it mos likely. cut out old fuse and twist in new one.

regarding the drum life, yes you MUST make changes to the consumable reporting BEFORE they go dead. now you are forced to replace them. then you can stop the life stop.

kirca
03-13-2023, 10:06 AM
Your machine has expired drums and stopped color printing not B&W, right? What the fuser new release has to do with that is beyond me.

Right, available print only in B&W, my mistake :rolleyes:.
Here is a screen warning and printscreen of Consumables:

57241 57242

kirca
03-13-2023, 11:13 AM
Hello,

This morning I disabled "Life Stop" and it continued printing in color.
The warning on startup screen is present, but it is printing now.

Thanks again to everyone!

Saido
01-24-2024, 01:26 AM
Hi,
Please help I have same issue, what did you do to solve the problem

Synthohol
01-24-2024, 03:06 AM
Hello,

This morning I disabled "Life Stop" and it continued printing in color.
The warning on startup screen is present, but it is printing now.

Thanks again to everyone!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

copier tech
01-28-2024, 08:50 PM
Hi,
Please help I have same issue, what did you do to solve the problem

Happy to help. Please contact us via either web site below.

Custom Search