PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C658 showing 0.00% TCR Density for magenta

Custom Search

JasonSBE
09-05-2023, 09:12 PM
C458, not C658. Made a mistake when writing the title. Probably the same components, but wanted to clarify.

Hey all, I've tried the developer, the FRB, and the high voltage board. Image quality is great, but the machine detects 0.0 for magenta and so of course it codes out after 25 pages or so. I don't want to run this machine too much until it registers right. Any other parts besides the MFP board that anyone can think of?

copier tech
09-05-2023, 10:32 PM
C458, not C658. Made a mistake when writing the title. Probably the same components, but wanted to clarify.

Hey all, I've tried the developer, the FRB, and the high voltage board. Image quality is great, but the machine detects 0.0 for magenta and so of course it codes out after 25 pages or so. I don't want to run this machine too much until it registers right. Any other parts besides the MFP board that anyone can think of?

Have you fitted a new magenta developer unit ?

copyman
09-05-2023, 11:29 PM
What about the drum? I always replace the drum & add some aftermarket developer, then manually add toner in service mode until around 6%.

You covered a lot already. But you should of seen some type of change with new developer unit or even swapping from another machine.

How about initializing machine?

Only thing I can think of is MFP board if all else fails.

rrrohan
09-06-2023, 07:26 AM
Maybe hopper is empty but thinks itís full so it thinks itís feeding toner into dev when itís actually not

tsbservice
09-06-2023, 08:44 AM
Maybe hopper is empty but thinks itís full so it thinks itís feeding toner into dev when itís actually not

+1 for toner hopper

copyman
09-06-2023, 01:43 PM

OP said they replaced the developer and still at 0%. If new developer is installed the level history would change even if toner hopper was empty.

tsbservice
09-06-2023, 03:57 PM
OP said they replaced the developer and still at 0%. If new developer is installed the level history would change even if toner hopper was empty.

Not necessarily. He said he replaced "developer" and we don't know what exactly he's replaced, powder, second hand unit won't reset TCR at all only brand new unit or chip.

kingarthur
09-06-2023, 04:44 PM
I had exactly the same problem, new DV units, new toner hoppers, toner motors, as it was happening on 2 colours, FRCB, I was ready to sell them a new machine, when I tried the expansion board, EXCB, p/no A79JH00500, couldn't believe it when it worked - been working for a year now

JasonSBE
09-06-2023, 06:55 PM
Not necessarily. He said he replaced "developer" and we don't know what exactly he's replaced, powder, second hand unit won't reset TCR at all only brand new unit or chip.

Sorry, let me clarify. It was the developer unit, not recharging the one that was in the machine.

JasonSBE
09-06-2023, 06:57 PM
I had exactly the same problem, new DV units, new toner hoppers, toner motors, as it was happening on 2 colours, FRCB, I was ready to sell them a new machine, when I tried the expansion board, EXCB, p/no A79JH00500, couldn't believe it when it worked - been working for a year now

Thank you for the pointer. I'm going to look into it.

copyman
09-06-2023, 11:01 PM
Sorry, let me clarify. It was the developer unit, not recharging the one that was in the machine.

Thanks for the update. That is how I read your post. Since level didn't change makes me think a board for sure.

This is a strange one. Please let us know what it turns out to be.

copyman
09-06-2023, 11:03 PM

Many times I've swapped "used" dev units between machines and was able to get levels back to 6+ %

igor.sanfilip
09-08-2023, 03:50 PM
HI,
try to disconnect and to reconnect all connectors on printer control board, worked for me on C220 when Y-TCR was sometimes 8% but mostly 0%.

mitchl
10-02-2023, 09:41 PM
KM weirdness at its best. I have a BHC658 that just refuses to add toner to itself when the TCR gets low. Yes you can manually tone it up to 6.5%, run 200 copies and its down in the 2% or lower range. New DV unit, new drum but the problem persists. Any ideas?

Custom Search