• Show
Clear All
  • copyman
    Owner / Technician

Site Contributor
    2,500+ Posts
    • Sep 2005

Operation a success! Stone removed!!!!

Not my stone....but a C454e toner hopper stone. The hopper just couldn't pass stone because it was 1/2" and hard as a rock (see attached pic). So surgery was necessary

Here's how it went down. Get a call that prints were missing Cyan. So of course I figure the usual suspect of cyan developer dumping because of overlife drum. When i got there cyan level history was 0%. After replacing cyan drum & dev unit level history was good at 6.5% so out the door I went. Few days later they call back reporting trouble code C2551 "cyan trouble". Went back and machine would not add cyan toner and level history back at 0%, vac'd out the hopper unit and when I split hopper there was the stone and reason it wasn't adding toner. I've never seen anything like it unless a copier was in extremely hot conditions and low volume. Weird because this customer is not low volume and only uses genuine Kon/Min toners. There's a first for everything.......
    Attached Files
  • aberock
    Technician

Site Contributor
    50+ Posts
    • May 2022

Re: Operation a success! Stone removed!!!!

Originally posted by copyman
    Not my stone....but a C454e toner hopper stone. The hopper just couldn't pass stone because it was 1/2" and hard as a rock (see attached pic). So surgery was necessary

Here's how it went down. Get a call that prints were missing Cyan. So of course I figure the usual suspect of cyan developer dumping because of overlife drum. When i got there cyan level history was 0%. After replacing cyan drum & dev unit level history was good at 6.5% so out the door I went. Few days later they call back reporting trouble code C2551 "cyan trouble". Went back and machine would not add cyan toner and level history back at 0%, vac'd out the hopper unit and when I split hopper there was the stone and reason it wasn't adding toner. I've never seen anything like it unless a copier was in extremely hot conditions and low volume. Weird because this customer is not low volume and only uses genuine Kon/Min toners. There's a first for everything.......
    some times genuine KM toner come with a lot of special code like " S " , " A "

TN321AC
    TN712S

there must be some thing with the code

Comment

• blackcat4866
      Master Of The Obvious

Site Contributor
      10,000+ Posts
      • Jul 2007

Agreed. The only time you usually see rocks like that is when the machine's internal temperature is too hot. Did you notice that that particular rock looks like a cube? It's almost as if that rock never went through the grinder in manufacturing.

Thanks for sharing. =^..^=
      If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
      1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
      2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
      3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
      4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
      5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Comment

• mojorolla
        The Wolf

2,500+ Posts
        • Jan 2010

That thing is huge! You should add geologist to your resume after that call.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

Comment

• wjurls
          Trusted Tech

Site Contributor
          250+ Posts
          • Feb 2017

Just went through this with a C458 in Vegas. 2 trips and a developing unit, then just developer later, I finally found and extracted the stone from the toner conveyance system.

Comment

• copyman
            Owner / Technician

Site Contributor
            2,500+ Posts
            • Sep 2005

I know the OEM's keep lowering the fuser temp & melting point of toner to save energy but I hope these big chunks of toner isn't happening because of it. I've never seen any of these weird toner issues until the toner shortage awhile back.

Comment

Working...