Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Konica minolta bizhub C454e keeps jamming in the DF unit (Error 66-05)

Hi everyone, I have 2 Konica minolta that keep jamming pages that I want to scan/print. It happens after a random number of pages, the page gets stuck half-way out the DF unit and it says error 66-05. It also shows position 25 that is directly under the DF unit. I have already tried to clean every roller, but it keeps happening. Manual says: "The original reading sensor (PS4) is not turned OFF after a lapse of a given time after the original registration sensor (PS3) is turned OFF (blocked)." I'm not sure that this could be the cause of thejamming..Is it worth to replace a sensor? What should I do?

Re: Konica minolta bizhub C454e keeps jamming in the DF unit (Error 66-05)

You should do a sensor check in service mode and hope you can see the devious behavior by shaking stuff around.
    Never changed a sensor on these specific ones yet.

Use the theory of operation or the parts manual to pinpoint the sensor.
    Could be that its the one you missed and its dirty or defective.

I will not rule out worn out rollers.
    Whatever

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Casian55 View Post
    Hi everyone, I have 2 Konica minolta that keep jamming pages that I want to scan/print. It happens after a random number of pages, the page gets stuck half-way out the DF unit and it says error 66-05. It also shows position 25 that is directly under the DF unit. I have already tried to clean every roller, but it keeps happening. Manual says: "The original reading sensor (PS4) is not turned OFF after a lapse of a given time after the original registration sensor (PS3) is turned OFF (blocked)." I'm not sure that this could be the cause of thejamming..Is it worth to replace a sensor? What should I do?

How many clicks on the adf? If cleaning the following sensors:

Registration sensor (PS3)
    Document reading sensor (PS6)
    and cleaning the rollers does not resolve the issue.....

then just replace the ADF feed kit. It usually helps that 66-05 jam issue.

Other stuff:

Service mode sensor check- ensure all the sensors are working properly.
    Condition of the originals? Quality of paper being fed can cause many many many issues...

Replace that feed kit. Part #: Konica Minolta DF-624MK, DF-628MK, DF-629MK, DF-701MK, DF-704MK
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-01-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Sounds like you are an end user?

Most likely the sensor is dusty highly unlikely its failing intermittently.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

PS3 is photosensor with actuator. Check for photosensor actuator free move.
    More likely PS6 which is reflective type photosensor is dirty or most likely its reflecting pad is full of paper dust. Of course depending on couters and cr.p paper originals they use you may need a new set of rollers.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

If it's works then jams if paper is flat it most probably just needs new rollers and a clean quite basic stuff if you not sure call a credited Konica Service engineer it will save you time and money in the long run

Good luck
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

For the 66-05 go directly for the document read sensor.

Either it's dusty or the velvet pad below it is dusty. Pull down the guide at the left side of the white plate and there it is. Voila! =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    For the 66-05 go directly for the document read sensor.

Either it's dusty or the velvet pad below it is dusty. Pull down the guide at the left side of the white plate and there it is. Voila! =^..^=
    BC is referring to the DF-624 that has the spring loaded door that opens. Don't think this feeder used the DF-624? Almost certain C454e & C554e came with the dual scan DF-701 as standard feature.

If it has the DF-701 leave top door open, lift adf and on underside push up on the white roller so you can spray air inside the crack on left side of roller you exposed by pushing up on white roller. Pay close attaention to the middle, spray that area really good. Also flip down green lever DF1 on underside of ADF and blow that exit area out real good with canned air.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    BC is referring to the DF-624 that has the spring loaded door that opens. Don't think this feeder used the DF-624? Almost certain C454e & C554e came with the dual scan DF-701 as standard feature.

If it has the DF-701 leave top door open, lift adf and on underside push up on the white roller so you can spray air inside the crack on left side of roller you exposed by pushing up on white roller. Pay close attaention to the middle, spray that area really good. Also flip down green lever DF1 on underside of ADF and blow that exit area out real good with canned air.
    You are correct. The c454e and c554e came standard with the dual scan adf. (DF-701). The dual scan adf was optional on the C224e,C284e,C364e copiers. They use the DF-624 or the DF-701
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

All of our 224e - 554e had the 66-05 jam. It is only dust. Clean the sensor. Push the DF upward and look at the sensor from below. There is a triangular hole.
    It is important to use a flashlight to see the dust.
    Sensor2.jpg