Konica Software Switch settings (complete)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blazebusiness
    SanDiegoCopierRepair.com
    Site Contributor
    1,000+ Posts
    • Apr 2010

Konica Software Switch settings (complete)

I would love to know what all the software switch settings do. Does anyone have a more or less definitive list of all the standard Konica Software switch meaning for Technician's quick reference? Depending on the model/service manual the switch info available is very meager.

To get this started see the 8 series switch settings below for example:

Konica Software Switch Settings (8 series)

12 Addition of Authentication Device
    25 FW Version Function Setting
    33 Renders some functions which were available when both administrator authentication and key counter were provided with when using the vendor , available only with admin authentication
    49 Upper limit of copies that can be input through the control panel setting
    51 Settings for Life warning/replace display of units
    69 When printing using manual bypass in custom size allows for printing only with a print driver ------- settings
    70 Alarm sound and screen display for communication errors due to CSRC causes
    72 Import/Export function of the address book through usb memory
    121 Operation when a double feed is detected when adf is used
    124 Function to restrict the file type of TX fax
    135 Setting for the ID length of the HID Prox card
    143 Expansion setting of the touch panel sensitive area when web browser function is used
    145 Switching to auto detection for paper size in manual bypass tray
    146 Setting for enabling use of non image area erase ,centering, and original size when book original is used in fax/scan mode
    151 Setting for displaying or hiding the near empty display time
    152 The email body print settings of the email RX print
    155 Validation/invalidation of the debug setting of the log
    157 Low Power Mode Settings
    163 Setting for the auto execution of self diagnosis (full)
    192 Sets whether to enable Android or iOS function
    203 Setting to automatically change login authorization to a second user when the second user
    attempts card authentication after a first user has been authenticated through card authentication
    206 Setting whether to enable coverage counter
    227 Setting for the display of consumable level and warning (Operatino panel,PSWC,Fiery)
    230 Setting for the display of consumable level and warning (PSES,MIB,PrintFleet,SiteAudit)
    Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-14-2020, 04:36 PM.
    sigpicAnything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com
  • copier tech
    Field Supervisor
    5,000+ Posts
    • Jan 2014

Re: Konica Software Switch settings (complete)

Originally posted by blazebusiness
    I would love to know what all the software switch settings do. Does anyone have a more or less definitive list of all the standard Konica Software switch meaning for Technician's quick reference? Depending on the model/service manual the switch info available is very meager.

To get this started see the 8 series switch settings below for example:

Konica Software Switch Settings (8 series)

33 Renders some functions which were available when both administrator authentication and key counter were provided with when using the vendor , available only with admin authentication
    69 When printing using manual bypass in custom size allows for printing only with a print driver ------- settings
    143 Expansion setting of the touch panel sensitive area when web browser function is used
    146 Setting for enabling use of non image area erase ,centering, and original size when book original is used in fax/scan mode
    203 Setting to automatically change login authorization to a second user when the second user
    attempts card authentication after a first user has been authenticated through card authentication
    227 Setting for the display of consumable level and warning (Operatino panel,PSWC,Fiery)
    230 Setting for the display of consumable level and warning (PSES,MIB,PrintFleet,SiteAudit)
    Good idea be nice if we can all chip in & fill in the blanks!

These are a few i've picked up.

71 Hide the colour copy option

159 HEX 08 Keeps SSD from going to sleep causing freezing issues.
    172 HEX 05 Hide Marketplace app

Comment

• progoffice
      Trusted Tech
      250+ Posts
      • Nov 2008

Switch 10 Hex 2 will make a Generic (Muratec) a Konica. This is important when it comes to drivers picking up all device options, paper tray information and accepting authentication account track information if current "Generic" drivers aren't available. We sell both, but sometimes Muratec doesn't release drivers fast enough for equipment they offer. We just installed a Muratec C5595i and had to do this so we could use the Konica C550i drivers. Muratec hadn't released them yet.

Comment

• Synaux
        Service Manager
        Site Contributor
        1,000+ Posts
        • Mar 2012

A lot of the time I can get much more detailed information by searching through the All Active Solutions document(s). Search for HEX, DIP, software switch, etc.

Sadly, I do not have it for this model or I would have posted my findings (would be nice to have if someone is in a giving mood).

Comment

• blazebusiness
          SanDiegoCopierRepair.com
          Site Contributor
          1,000+ Posts
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Synaux
          A lot of the time I can get much more detailed information by searching through the All Active Solutions document(s). Search for HEX, DIP, software switch, etc.

Sadly, I do not have it for this model or I would have posted my findings (would be nice to have if someone is in a giving mood).
          It is my understanding that there is now no All Active Solutions for the current models. Konica has discontinued that and just relies on Tech bulletins and Knowledgebase.

If you ever need the older All Active Solutions stuff just PM me and I will be glad to send you a download link.

Thanks for the input guys..keep it coming and I will add it to the list..see updated list with your inputs below:

Konica Software Switch Settings

10 Hex 02 makes a generic (Muratec) a Konica important so drivers can pick up all device options
          71 Hide color copy option
          159 Hex 08 keeps SSD from going to sleep causing freezing issues
          172 Hex 05 hide marketplace App
          sigpicAnything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Comment

• srvctec
            Former KM Senior Tech
            500+ Posts
            • Oct 2009

I thought it was 172 to 01 to remove Marketplace. At least that's what we've been doing after getting that info somewhere here on CTN.
            Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Comment

• blazebusiness
              SanDiegoCopierRepair.com
              Site Contributor
              1,000+ Posts
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by srvctec
              I thought it was 172 to 01 to remove Marketplace. At least that's what we've been doing after getting that info somewhere here on CTN.
              Just listing what information copier tech was nice enough to post. Perhaps he will clarify the info.

Comment

• copier tech
                Field Supervisor
                5,000+ Posts
                • Jan 2014

Just listing what information copier tech was nice enough to post. Perhaps he will clarify the info.
                Yes so SW 172 HEX 05 is the default HEX 01 hides the Marketplace app.

SW 172.jpg

Comment

• blazebusiness
                  SanDiegoCopierRepair.com
                  Site Contributor
                  1,000+ Posts
                  • Apr 2010

Originally posted by copier tech
                  Yes so SW 172 HEX 05 is the default HEX 01 hides the Marketplace app.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46785[/ATTACH]
                  OK then---so the latest software switch updated list:

(and keep that new switch info coming guys!)

Konica Software Switch Settings :

10 Hex 02 makes a generic (Muratec) a Konica important so drivers can pick up all device options If you want to turn any Develop model into a Konica, you should put switch 10 into 02, not into 00.
                  50 ACS mode can be changed to limit the amount of time that the color IUs run. When the new mode is selected, the printer works as though doing monochrome printing without driving the color IUs.
                  71 Hide color copy option
                  73 Hex 01 - This setting should allow you to hold scan settings and to be able to use the same address without touching the OK button after every job
                  159 Hex 08 keeps SSD from going to sleep causing freezing issues
                  172 Hex 01 marketplace App is hidden ------Hex 05 is the default / marketplace App installed

Comment

• Synaux
                    Service Manager
                    Site Contributor
                    1,000+ Posts
                    • Mar 2012

It is my understanding that there is now no All Active Solutions for the current models. Konica has discontinued that and just relies on Tech bulletins and Knowledgebase.
                    Seriously?! Those documents have saved me so much time over the years. Not to mention the numerous times I stumbled across issues/fixes I would never have been aware of otherwise. This saddens me.

Comment

• blazebusiness
                      SanDiegoCopierRepair.com
                      Site Contributor
                      1,000+ Posts
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Synaux
                      Seriously?! Those documents have saved me so much time over the years. Not to mention the numerous times I stumbled across issues/fixes I would never have been aware of otherwise. This saddens me.
                      I heard that it was discontinued from some other technicians and would love to be wrong about that. Could someone confirm all active solutions is still a thing on the newer models.

Comment

• srvctec
                        Former KM Senior Tech
                        500+ Posts
                        • Oct 2009

I heard that it was discontinued from some other technicians and would love to be wrong about that. Could someone confirm all active solutions is still a thing on the newer models.
                        It was still a thing a couple months ago. They were getting updated nearly daily and I'd download all the new ones for all the current machines about once a month but it's been a couple months since I last did it. I'd much rather have a pdf file on my phone vs. having to try and get a signal in some of the small towns I go to with no cell service. I've been that way since the solutions pdf files started and probably won't change.
                        Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Comment

• blazebusiness
                          SanDiegoCopierRepair.com
                          Site Contributor
                          1,000+ Posts
                          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by srvctec
                          It was still a thing a couple months ago. They were getting updated nearly daily and I'd download all the new ones for all the current machines about once a month but it's been a couple months since I last did it. I'd much rather have a pdf file on my phone vs. having to try and get a signal in some of the small towns I go to with no cell service. I've been that way since the solutions pdf files started and probably won't change.
                          Nice. That’s reassuring then.....can’t believe everything you hear from the rumour mill.
                          Last edited by blazebusiness; 09-16-2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• femaster
                            Service Manager
                            1,000+ Posts
                            • May 2011

I can confirm they are still going strong in the US anyway. Just looked up a random model from each of the series over the last few years, and found an All Solutions file for each model I looked up: C552, 232, C224e, C258, C659, and a C300i. All of them looked as if they had been updated within the last couple weeks, most were within the last week.
                            A Ricoh Service Tech for 7 year. A Konica Minolta Service Tech for 7 years. Now, KM service manager for 4 years.
                            My Ricoh knowledge is slowly dwindling away at this point. Many things have been lost to time...

Comment

• copier tech
                              Field Supervisor
                              5,000+ Posts
                              • Jan 2014

Can we keep this thread going!?

I need to know what HEX setting for SW10 is for Olivetti ?

Comment

Working...