Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Dead Bizhub C250i after Firmware update Q9

We have put well over 100 MFP's with Q9 brand new no issues until I read this post this morning now we have to that give a NG on scanner and Finisher. one gives a c-155 code for the finisher ram, and the other does not give any codes and the FW from the MM list is all at Q9 "from pdf" but the device information in webdev and on the OP does not show any FW at all. I have not had a chance to dig into them yet, this is just what was passed along to figure out once I get to them. Will reply back with my findings when I do.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Dead Bizhub C250i after Firmware update Q9

Quote Originally Posted by 4Toon View Post
    We have put well over 100 MFP's with Q9 brand new no issues until I read this post this morning now we have to that give a NG on scanner and Finisher. one gives a c-155 code for the finisher ram, and the other does not give any codes and the FW from the MM list is all at Q9 "from pdf" but the device information in webdev and on the OP does not show any FW at all. I have not had a chance to dig into them yet, this is just what was passed along to figure out once I get to them. Will reply back with my findings when I do.
    I would not let them panic me...yet.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Dead Bizhub C250i after Firmware update Q9

Just a thought, what if you update each item one at a time. I remember this woking for me when updating FW on prior models when I got the NG

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Just a thought, what if you update each item one at a time. I remember this woking for me when updating FW on prior models when I got the NG
    Could not get in the firmware update after the first MFP controller N.G. Only black screen after that.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by HoonBoy View Post
    Could not get in the firmware update after the first MFP controller N.G. Only black screen after that.
    Look in PM

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Its highly advised to update the boot rom before updating the firmware. The machine will let you know if its already up to date. if it does need boot rom updated after it updates power machine off and then load firmware . I've put G00-Q9 firmware on a lot of machines without any issues. Instructions on how to update boot rom attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HoonBoy View Post
    Got it. Missed that in your post.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 4Toon View Post
    Disregard my statement it ended up being the finisher board on both new set ups one codes out the other one will not take firmware but the MFP runs great when there is a different know working finisher is on the MFP.